Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 12:34:33 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Jim Marker" <jemstone@ifx.net>, "Marco Masotti" <mc7953@mclink.it>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCI NE2000 card not probed correctly - no driver assigned

I have a similar card (RTL8029), and the only way I've been able to get a
driver assigned, was to include a device entry for ed0:

device ed0 at isa? disable port 0x280 net irq  5 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr

doing this seems to be the only way to get the code for the ed? driver into
the kernel so that it can be assigned to the PCI card.

Good luck,

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net

From: Jim Marker <jemstone@ifx.net>