Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:22:37 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Different document roots for secure HTTP and HTTP

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

* teo@gecadsoftware.com <teo@gecadsoftware.com> [20010607 21:06]: writing o=
n the subject 'Re: Different document roots for secure HTTP and HTTP'
teo> Hi Jim!
teo> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001, Jim Freeze wrote:
teo>=20
teo> > > On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:06:47 +1000, BSD Freak said:
teo> > >
teo> > > :: Hi all
teo> > > ::
teo> > > ::  Does anyone know if it possible to run Apache with different p=
orts for
teo> > > ::  secure HTTP and ordinary HTTP. For example I want to run my we=
b server
teo> > > ::  as follows:
teo> > > ::
teo> > > ::  port 443 (HTTPS) directed to document root /var/www-secure
teo> > > ::  port 80 (HTTP) directed to document root /var/www
teo> >=20
teo> > I don't think this can be done through the config file directly.
teo> > You probably will have to resort to mod_rewrite.
teo> > With rewrite you can essentially map any url to any other url.
teo> >=20
teo> yes, it is possible.
teo>=20
teo> for 443 (secure) you have a default virtual host, see the added config
teo> stuff done by mod_ssl. You can configure a different documentRoot.
teo> same goes with 80 (http), which defaults to your documentRoot setting.
teo>=20
teo>=20
teo> give some more detail of what you want to achive.

How does one start/run TWO binaries of the same app like apache? I am
interested in knowing HOWTO do that, especially stsrting them from rc.d/

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington