Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:07:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      pcasidy@casidy.com
To:        dwhite@gumbysoft.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_bfe/uhci: storm interrupt Fatal trap 12

On  7 Mar, Doug White wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed message. I didn't realize that we'd enabled DDB in
> the snapshot kernel :)
>
> Anyway this looks like a bug in the bfe driver.  It appears to be trying
> to free a DMA map that is either unallocated or got spammed.  You may want
> to repost this to freebsd-current@freebsd.org and use a subject like
> "Use-after-free in bfe" since I think the interrupt storm message is
> secondary.
>
> A capture of boot -v might also be useful, or at minumum anything the bfe
> driver output during boot ('dmesg | grep bfe' might work with the fixit
> disc). A crashdump would be nice too, but you'd likely need to find a
> different network adapter.

I have escalated this problem to current@.

I have also built a STABLE kernel with DDD and KDB options and the line
where the problem occurs is

_bus_dmamap_unload+0x16: movl 0x10(%eax),%eax

I have enable crash dumps (I think) but when booting I have "savecore:
no dumps found". I think the problem is that i have 1.5Gb of memory and
only 1Gb of swap.

Well, I will add this info to the message I sent on current@.

Phil.