Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 01:37:57 -0700
From:      Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNU binutils port

> They are only warnings and many would go away if less warnings were enabled.
> There would be many more if more were enabled.  For the LINT kernel built on
> Apr 6, the warning counts were:
>
> 	compiler	warnings (lines)
> 	cc		74
> 	cc -Wall	2394
> 	gcc-2.7.2	4694

Oh dear....   I can't beleive you're saying this, "They are only warnings".

To me, it has, "My code sucks and I don't care." written all over
it if you don't fix things so that they compile with no warnings
and -Wall.  Perhaps kernel code is a bit different, but with 4700
warnings, I'd be little scared.