Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:30:52 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   64-bit PGP isn't Decrypting.

	There are two new FreeBSD8.1 systems. Both got pgp added
to them by use of pkg_add -r pgp. Both adds installed

Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3ia - Public-key encryption for the masses.
(c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-03-04
International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.

A test file that had been encrypted earlier was used on both
systems. It works fine on the 32-bit system and always fails on
the 64-bit system. Trust me. As many times as I tried it, I
couldn't possibly be mistyping the pass phrase every time on the
64-bit system and then getting it right on the 32-bit system.

	On the 64-bit system, one can not seem to encrypt a file
and then decrypt it with the pass phrase.

	If you take the encrypted file from the 64-bit system
and try to decrypt on the 32-bit system, that fails so something
appears wrong with the numerical encryption process that is
peculiar to being 64 bits. I am thinking some of the cipher
routines may be relying on the width of certain expressions that
change if running in 64-bit mode.

	So far, files encrypted on the 64-bit system are
ultrasecure in that they can'ts seem to be read anywhere.:-)

	Has anybody else had the same problem on a 64-bit
version of pgp?

	I am glad I discovered this before anything crytical
happened.

Martin McCormick