Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:52:18 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPFW redirect rule?

 I am setting up a machine as a firewall and am starting by
using the default ipfw rc.firewall rules and am following
the instructions in the Complete FreeBSD book by Greg
Lehey.  I want to add a redirect rule to allow access to my
web server on another machine. I am not sure if I use rdr
or divert, maybe I am confusing ipfw and ipfilter stuff.
I haven't found an answer on the FreeBSD Diary or in
the archives. My kernel is reconfigured as directed in the
book, everything else is set up as per the instructions.
My firewall machine has two nics, one with the public
ip address,208.194.173.xx, the other with a private ip
address, part of my home network. My web server also
has a private ip address, part of my home network,
192.168.0.x. I'm sure this is probably no problem, I
just haven't found the answer anywhere.

--
Chip W.
www.wiegand.org