Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:44:15 +0900 (JST)
From:      ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp (Takeshi OHASHI)
To:        trost@cloud.rain.com
Cc:        dburr@Powered-By.AC, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Support for PCMCIA for *desktop* machines?

<22014.937428967@cloud.rain.com>

trost>>Donald Burr writes:
trost>>    ARe any of the PCMCIA solutions for *desktop* machines supported by
trost>>    the PCMCIA code (either PAO or stock FreeBSD)?
trost>>
trost>>I don't know about "solutions," but I vaguely recall trying an IBM
trost>>ISA-PCMCIA adapter a few years ago and not having much luck with it.
trost>>
trost>>Your mileage may vary.
trost>>
trost>>Warranty void if seal is broken.

Is it IBM Smart Card adapter? It was worked fine early PAO, and also
should work with PAO2 or PAO3, but may not work with out PAO. It has
KING PCIC whose power control is slight differnt than other PCICs.

I heard many ISA-PCMCIA adapters works fine with PAO. I think some of
them would work on 3.3-RC with out PAO.

I do not use the ISA-PCMCIA adapter, because I usually use a
PCI-CardBus adapter with newconfig :-P
--
Takeshi OHASHI