Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:59:50 +0100
From:      Daan Vreeken <Daan@vehosting.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-PPC@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PowerPC embedded board?

Hi all,

For a new product I am looking for an embedded powerpc board. For the project
we need the following :
o A board that can (in the near future) boot FreeBSD.
o Support for hardware floating point arithmetic.
o The board should have some form of bus / IO to connect custom-made
   peripheral(s) to.

Searching the internet I've already stumbled upon the Efika [1] and SAM440 [2]
boards, which both look promising, but as far as my Google-skills go, it
looks like both boards need more work to get FreeBSD fully functional on
them.
I'm thinking of buying a couple of boards and helping an interested developer
by either setting up a compile & test environment that is accessible over
ssh, or donating an entire board (or both :)

So I've got some questions :
o Are there more interresting boards I could/should consider? (Or even boards
   that can already run FreeBSD?)
o What board is most likely to grow FreeBSD support in the near future?
o What parts are currently missing to get these boards up and running?

1: http://www.efika.de/index_en.html , http://www.directron.com/efikakit1.html
2: http://sam440.com/eng/sam440ep-flex.html

Kind regards,
--