Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:00:39 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   different data transfer rates in netscape

Has anone ever noticed how sometimes while using netscape, one page will be
transferring at 5 K/s, and another at something much less, like 700 B/s when
they are both coming from the same site?  I often visit a few web forums at
once at the same site (which also happens to be runnig  BSD) and I will see
one forum page loading at a fast rate, and the other crawling.  Is there any
explanation for this?  Is netscape that inefficient?  Or is there another
reason?

Jonathon
--
"The spice must flow...."