Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 04:12:00 -0500
From:      youlgok@attglobal.net
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd-org.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /dev

Hi, All:

After completely installing 4.2-stable-20001208, I re-built a custom
kernel in order to use parallel port zip drive; however, it just hang
when I try to use /dev as instructed in
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/hardware.html#ZIP-SUPPORT and linked page.
After that even the shutdown and /stand/sysinstall hang.  The zip drive
worked well with 3.3-R as it was made by following the same instruction
on the web pages.

PS.  How come 4.2-stable does not have the latest X Window version?
While I was trying install a package, it complained the X is too old.

I have no idea what went wrong with.  Any help would be grateful.
Thanks.  Have a good new week all.

-Paul