Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:54:17 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Seb <sebastien.b@swissinfo.org>
Subject:   Re: Accessing filesystem from a KLD

--nextPart1279585.YzMc3188s8

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:33, Seb wrote:
> How can I access the filesystem from a kernel module ?
> In fact, I want my device driver to retreive a firmware image stored on t=
he
> filesystem (instead of putting the firmware data in a static array at
> compile-time) for memory usage and legal concerns. Blocking calls are OK.
> I have searched the manpages and the web, but I haven't found anything
> relevant.

if_ndis does this (well ndis) to load firmware images from the file system =
for=20
drivers.

I wonder if it would make sense to generalise it - the ndis code covers thi=
ngs=20
like building the firmware image into the kernel for cases where you are NF=
S=20
mounting your disks (for example).

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."