Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 23:01:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current Users' list)
Subject:   Re: Firewalling DNS TCP (was Re: IPFW bugs?)

It seems that Warner Losh said:
> comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domain) that concluded this is a *BAD* idea.  If
> you have any large records, they will be truncated by this and could
> lead to bogus mail delivery (if the remote end doesn't properly detect
> the truncated bit).  It really buys you nothing unless you and all of

That what  I said. We  are in agreement  about the uselessness of filtering
TCP:53. I had to fight with my boss (I was security consultant till friday)
because he insisted to block it...

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #12: Sun Jun 30 14:10:07 MET DST 1996