Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:08:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      mi@video-collage.com
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   attempts to save the blocks on the MFS on panic

With the  flaky CD related  panic I just  described I noticed  one other
thing. When the  panic strikes, the blocks are being  written out to the
file-systems as usual. Except that in the case of MFS it makes no sense.
It never  succeeds with  it either and  ends up "giving  up" on  all the
blocks from MFS only (I boot with -v and see the file-system type of the
blocks given up upon).

Does not  really bother me --  it is already  a panic, but it  may start
causing a double panic some time in the future...

This is on 4.0, the MFS is created at boot time by the following line in
/etc/fstab:

	/dev/null  /tmp   mfs  rw,async,-Tqp120at,-s512000

		-mi