Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 03:35:23 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mixer(8) device selection

Hi,

The interesting thing on having multiple devices on your computer is
that you find all programs that can't deal with multiple devices.
Now I found that mixer(8) cannot deal with multiple sound cards.

I've just sent a PR with proposed patches.  If somebody with commit
privs could test and commit, I would be very happy.

Oh, I suppose I had to test a little more before posting the PR.
"mixer -rec source" is conflicting with getopt.  One should do
"mixer -- -rec source" to work, or maybe the sources need another
change to accept "rec-" and "rec+" syntax.  Anyway, the man pages
need an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

					Jonny

PS: Why do I needed to use mixer(8) and not xmmix or the like ?
Because I have one soundcard outputing to other soundcard line input,
and I want to set the default gain at boot, so the same sound file
sounds the same on both cards.  Also useful with my Fxtv setup.

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br