Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:00:29 -0400
From:      "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NAS hardware suggestions

On 7/21/2014 at 11:49 AM cruxpot wrote:

|I do not believe the seagate NAS drive is based on the 7200.11
platform.
|It
|is a newer series and I could not find much information on long term
|stability.
|
|Is the 2TB limitation going to cause issues on the BIOS?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Regarding the BIOS... I tend to install the OS on, and boot from, a
smaller drive than 2TB.  I leave the array for data-only usage.  My
next iteration will probably boot from a ZFS mirror, but it will
still be separate from the larger data array, so 2TB BIOS issues
won't be a concern.