Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:27:28 -0700
From:      Woody Poolson <woody@nosloop.com>
To:        bigmike@Mlink.NET
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet pccard config problem

> now when I boot I get the following message:
>
> pccardd[55]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)") [(null)]
> [(null)]
>
> Now i have checked my kernel config file and the appropriate flag has
> been set as folows:
> device  pcic0   at  isa? port 0x3e0 flags 0x1 irq 11

I had this problem with a 3Com card.  Basically, in my case, the card
was dead!  I had only inserted it 4 times since purchasing it.  I
verified it was dead with Win98 to see if it recognized it--it didnt.
It said the same thing...

Verify it on another laptop if possible.

Sorry if bad news...  3Com had a pretty good RMA policy.

Woody