Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:23:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up: src/games/boggle (tm) will soon be removed from

 > At 2:25 AM -0600 2/19/98, Terry Lambert wrote:
 > >> 1 game gone :(
 > >>
 > >> N-1 games left to remove 8)
 > >
 > >N-1 games + M kernel pieces that infringe on trademarks like "AppleTalk",
 > >"Adaptec", "Bus Logic", "SoundBlaster", etc..
 >
 > In the case of "Adaptec", etc. I am certain that we would be willing to
 > add the usual line that acknowledges it to be the trademark of Adaptec, Inc.,
 > a California Corporation.
 >
 > The difference here is that we are not manufacturing SCSI interface cards.
 > The code which we have that includes their name is meant to work with
 > "Genuine Adaptec Parts".
 >
 > In the case of Parker Brothers, it would be argued that the item in question
 > was meant to replace their game.

By the way, are you guys aware that several of the pages at
www.freebsd.org violate the "UNIX" trademark of The Open Group?
(See http://www.UNIX-systems.org/what_is_unix.html and in
particular http://www.UNIX-systems.org/tmug2.pdf)

FreeBSD is certainly meant to "replace the game" of Solaris,
Digital UNIX, AIX, etc...

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18-61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany