Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 14:41:34 +0800
From:      "edwin chan" <slack@suntop-cn.com>
To:        "Tim Erlin" <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: about sendmail and bind

finally, I found why sendmail don't work properly when I stoped BIND on same
box.

FreeBSD4.3 not include the resolve lib come with BIND, so I compile and
installed  sendmail not work well, because compile time can't found resolv
lib.!!!yesterday, I compile and installed BIND from
/usr/ports/net/bind8(installed resolv lib into /usr/local/lib/bind/,  than
compile and reinstall sendmail, everything work fine.

It's a BUG ? why FreeBSD4.3 come with BIND but not include lib come with ?
yes, I notice everything come with FreeBSD4.3 work fine, maybe they make
static lib link into every default installed software ?

please CC a copy to me , I have not order freebsd-question maillist.

thanks.

edwin chan