Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:29:02 -1000 (HST)
From:      Patrick Guerin <pat@inix.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell 2550 Raid with FreeBSD

My Dell 2550 has the Dell Perc 3/Di and is indicated as a supported
hardware item.  Anyone with a 2550 that can help me get started?  I cannot
get the hard drives to be recognized when in a Raid configuration.

If I remove the Raid configuration I can get both controllers ahc0 and
ahc1 to show during boot.  ahc0 dissappears in the Raid configuration.

ahc0 contains the three hard drives in raid configuration.
ahc1 contains the tape drive.

Cheers,

--pat