Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:15:59 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBWLiBCdXp1dmVyb3Y=?= <star_guardian@inbox.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

Hi,
> From:		=?UTF-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBWLiBCdXp1dmVyb3Y=?= <star_guardian@inbox.ru>
> Date:		Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:48:48 +0400

=?UTF-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBWLiBCdXp1dmVyb3Y=?= wrote:
> --===============1194597977==

Please do not post Ascii text with Base 64 !
Though it works with
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2011-August/011424.html
It fails with
  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=92494+0+archive/2011/freebsd-arch/20110821.freebsd-arch
& fails with exmh-2.7.2
	FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE /usr/ports/mail/exmh2
& ptobably fails with search engines later.

I had to mouse copy:...

> Now, package creation process is "build -> install -> package". I believe that sequence "build -> package -> install"
> is more correct and efficient.

Yes, IMO that would sound an attractive capability.
I guess there'd be issues to solve though :-)

Maybe the attraction to ports architects not great though, as ports
on the cluster get built with individual clean chroots I recall.
So they may not see as high a percentage of breakage as end user
systems (like eg inc. mine) that struggle to build the many local
used ports not using chroots.  I've long meant to find & read chroot
scripts to build ports. ... Cos basic /usr/ports has never been
coherently error free for me ( cd /var/db/pkg ; ls | wc -l # 1018 )

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.