Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 20:40:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        kline@ns3.noc.netcom.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: playmidi

According to Chuck Robey:

> On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> Gary, do you have a sound card?  What kind?  Using a GUS, I have to use
> "playmidi -g midifile" and using a soundblaster, "playmidi -f midifile".
>

> >   Can anybody point me to whatever magic it takes to play a
> >   MIDI file on FreeBSD?

	Here's what happens with some DOS midi files that were
	in a Usenet newsgroup.

p8 20:34 <tao> [225] playmidi -f canon2.mid                       ~/sounds/midi
playmidi: No playback device set.  Aborting.
p8 20:35 <tao> [226] playmidi -g canond.mid                       ~/sounds/midi
playmidi: No playback device set.  Aborting.

	Ideas, people??

	gary