Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:29:55 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Falco Krepel <krepel@fokus.gmd.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ahc driver: aic7892 no longer supported

>Dear Justin,
>
>Since the update around the middle of feb of the ahc driver the aic7892
>chip is no longer supported correctly. The same card with aic7870 is
>working as usual. So I think that this is the problem. The snapshot
>(2001/02/10) of the current version is OK.

Can you give me the revision IDs of the files you are testing?
There was a short window where the probe had some issues, but
I don't recall if this is one of them.  A "pciconf -l" from
the working system would be useful too.  I have lots of 29160s
here so I should be able to reproduce this locally if there is
still an issue.

--
Justin