Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:51:25 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall?

On Sat, Jul 25, 1998 at 07:33:10PM -0400, Stuart Krivis wrote:

> What concerns me is that Linuxmall is a commercial site - a vendor of
> software. Would people assume that a freebsdmall site is also commercial?
>
> Linuxmall has a tarnished reputation for their practice of spamming the
> newsgroups with "public service announcements." (Announcements of their
> latest products and how much better they will make your life.)
>
> How about BSDheaven.org? That might be a good name for a place that has
> info about the three free BSD OSes gathered in one place.
>
> TheWholeBSD.org
> CompleteBSD.org
> BSDworld.org
> BSD-World.org

If we're selling things, we should have a .com address instead of a .org.
That should be enough to make it clear... I hope.

More suggestions:

BSDcentral.com
BSD-Central.com
BSDsource.com
BSD-Source.com

The .org variants of these are also available.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."