Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 1995 09:50:48 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   freebsd.cdrom.com hanging

Hello,
	I am having trouble ftping the file:

	FreeBSD/2.0-RELEASE/XFree86-3.1/README.FreeBSD

	from freebsd.cdrom.com.  The problem first occurred last
nite when ftp loading X during the 950112-SNAP install.  It would
repeatedly hang while transferring this one file.  I fell back to
manually xferring everything else (except I only grabbed the server I
needed: XF86_S3), ie. many megbytes of files.  Retried README.FreeBSD
again this  morning, same result.  It claims to be 16058 bytes in size,
I get 15872 bytes onto my machine each time it hangs.  I am using
freeBSD-1.1.5.1 for the manual transfers.

						Steve Passe
						smp@clem.systemsix.com