Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2011 20:50:11 GMT
From:      Robert Clemens <robert@solidsolutions.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/141413: [hang] Tyan 2881 m3289 SMDC freeze

The following reply was made to PR amd64/141413; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Clemens <robert@solidsolutions.net>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, bkyoung74q9@yahoo.com,
 John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 14:46:18 -0600

 I have also just tested ipmitool remotely after removing the IP alias
 from the NIC.
 It worked just fine. I probably ran into an issue previously as I was
 also concurrently
 testing some lagg(4) lacp/failover scenarios and could've had routing
 issues although
 that seems to be grasping at straws.

 Anyway. It seems the last real question I'm having is the local
 /dev/impi0 access.
 You are currently unable to locally ipmi directly.

 Is there further information I could pull from either my 8.0-RELEASE or
 8.2-RC2 servers
 to gain some ground on that?

 I've actually been really happy with 8.2 thus far and this just "iced my
 cake" as I'd love
 to be able to goto single-user mode to my servers across the country
 that use this.