Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:50:01 +0200
From:      "Holger Hoffmann" <holger.hoffmann@gmx.de>
To:        "'Per olof Ljungmark'" <peo@intersonic.se>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AW: Compaq ProLiant 800

> I just did what you are trying to do with a PL800:
> Upgrade the BIOS (download from compaq.com).
Couldn't find anything newer than my BIOS which is dated 12/30/1998.
Is that what you have installed?

> Then you need to
> access the Compaq setup (F10 during boot) program and if it is not on
> the HD you also need the setup floppies.
> In the setup, select "Unix" or "Linux" as your operating system. This
> will prevent the BIOS to some translation acts with the drives.
Well, several problems with that:
1. I had Mandrake running
2. I had RedHat running (not recognizing a dual-CPU board)
3. I can only find an entry for "Installing an OS" / "SCO Unix" or
"other"

Did you manage to boot from CDROM? I set the boot priority to CD->A->C
but it didn't really work!

Thanks for your help!
Holger