Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:37:41 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   2.1.5R Vat with SB16?

I've just upgraded to 2.1.5R at home (with GUSMAX) and work (with
SB16)-:. I'm trying to get the MBONE tools working.

At work I have an SB16 card, which the docs indicate is
factory-default to IRQ 5; all the other docs on freefall, rah, etc,
assume I'm at IRQ7. Are the SB docs wrong? How can I test?

Do I need to replace 2.1.5R's isa/sound/* directory with one from Rah
or elsewhere?  Which rev is appropriate for 2.1.5R?

With the stock sound/ dir, modified to use IRQ 5, like the kernel
config, it builds OK. But what /dev device do I use? MAKEDEV creates
some like snd0, audio0, dsp[0], music[0], but no sb, despite what the
MAKEDEV seems to imply. Do I need to create one?

Thanks.