Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:20:25 +0100
From:      Geert <sec@hict.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, info@w4r.nl
Subject:   Intel of AMD?

 Hi all,

I have to build a new webserver. Normally I took an Intel PIII ~800 Mhz
with 256 Mb memory. Now I'm thinking to use a AMD.
What do you think of it?
How is AMD with the temperature? And how works FreeBSD on AMD?
The problem is that we have to build all servers in a 1 Unit high 19''
case (about 4,5 cm) and therefor it's not allowed to get a hot
processor.
Please let me know what your experiences are with AMD.

Greetz,
Geert Houben