Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 12:54:47 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

On Friday, 18 May 2001 at 12:53:46 -0500, Tony Wells wrote:
> The boneheads at corporate screwed up mail, so I couldn't get mail
> outside our domain for the last 3 days.
>
> My question is:  Does the mailing list automatically delete me if I'm
> unreachable for a few days?  Do I need to re-subscribe?
>
> If you know the answer, please email me at:
>
> tony@thinkudyne.com
>
> Because I know that address _really_ works.

The people to whom you sent this message are readers, not
administrators of the mailing list.  Apart from delivering several
megabytes of data to people who can't do anything with it, and
eliciting this reply, you have achieved nothing.

If you have problems with a FreeBSD mailing list, the correct person
to contact is the postmaster.  But in this case, you have an easier
option:

1.  To see if you're unsubscribed, try to resubscribe.  Depending on
    the answer you get, you'll know whether you were unsubscribed or
    not.  In either case, you'll end up subdscribed.

2.  To subscribe from a different address, do pretty much the same.
    For everybody's sake, you should subsequently unsubscribe from the
    old address.

And yes, copying -questions is deliberate.  There are other people out
there who might do the same thing.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.