Date:      Sun, 11 May 2003 12:36:10 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Christian Carstensen <cc@gate5.de>
Subject:   Re: USE_OPENSSL depends on /usr/lib/libcrypto.so

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 02:58:06PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Christian Carstensen wrote:
> > i recently noticed that USE_OPENSSL makes the port depend on
> > /usr/lib/libcrypto.so, but if you have openssl installed from the ports
> > and removed it from /usr/lib libcrypto resides in /usr/local/lib. could
> > someone, please, correct /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk?
>=20
> The canonical solution to this is to use the Makefile option in the
> openssl port to replace the base version. That way, everything works
> transparently.

I still think bsd.openssl.mk would be great if integrated in the main
bsd.port.mk file. See my message with subject 'bsd.openssl.mk' with message
id <20030506181002.GA91666@pcwin002.win.tue.nl>.

I also think that ports installing into /usr can be useful, but I'd rather
avoid it if I can. I think a check for an optional component of the system
(NO_OPENSSL in /etc/make.conf) should not be unconditional.

Unfortunately, I do not have patches to integrate bsd.openssl.mk...

--Stijn

--=20
"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day,
 give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just let it
 happen. Could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office
  chair, or... two cups of good, hot, black coffee. Like this."
		-- Special Agent Dale Cooper, "Twin Peaks"

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--