Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:22:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JVC GR-D30U dv cam

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:

> What version of FreeBSD do you use?

5-current...

> It failed at getting configuration ROM on DVcam.
> Try 'fwcontrol -r' and see what happens.

try ad-hoc work around!! no use... fwohci0: Initiate bus reset fwohci0:
BUS reset fwohci0: node_id = 0xc800ffc1, CYCLEMASTER mode firewire0: 2
nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable IRM = 1 (me) fwohci0: txd err= 3 miss Ack err
node0: resp=22 addr=0x400 probe failed for 1 node fw_rcv: unknown response
tcode=6 src=0xffc0 tl=0x2 rt=1 data=0xed6f2604 try ad-hoc work around!! no
use...

> Actually, there is no need to read configuration ROM for DVcam at
> this point. Set DVcam to recoding mode and try 'fwcontrol -R' even if
> it fails at probing.

I get this kernel message:

len(16) > send.len(12) (tcode=0)
len(16) > send.len(12) (tcode=0)
len(16) > send.len(12) (tcode=0)

And fwcontrol returns an error...

fwcontrol: unknown format 0x3d

The format "code"/error seems to vary:

fwcontrol: unknown format 0x1a
fwcontrol: unknown format 0x12

I assume I'm doing this correctly - WinXP just seems to tell the camera to
"play" and then grabs the feed, and I can't find any other controls.