Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:50:01 -0800
From:      "greg" <greg@fqdn.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_max question.

Hello,
	something happened in my last letter..  sorry about that.
This one has a subject and no ghost paste.

I'm using IPFW's stateful features on our firewall.
the only machine that will be making requests via it
to the internet is the proxy server.  There is about
500 users using the proxy server.  is it ok to or necessary
to increase the amount of dynamic rules that can exist at
any one time from that of the default value?
I have moved it up from 1000 to 2000 and was wondering if
there will be any ramifications from doing so.  The system
has 196 megs of memory and a 400Mhz p2 cpu.

take care,
greg