Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:21:09 -0600
From:      Rob Andrews <rob@cyberpunkz.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about sshd...

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

I am wondering if there is a way or if there has been consideration
of a way to impliment login permissions based upon user authentication
via sshd (openssh 3.0.2)

The reason I am asking is because I want to force all staff members to
login through the system based upon their generated keypairs such as a
RSA or DSA keypair.  Users since they have very limited access I am not
as worried about an account compromise.  But if a staff users account
on a machine is compromised then I at least want someone to have to have
worked for it to even get logged into the system.

I'd heard talk from someone else that they were interested in patching
opensshd to do just this.  so you could create a rule in the config
for an allowed user and say a 'without-password' option such as there
is allowed for root.

Any ideas?  :)
Thanks,

--=20
::::::::::::=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D------------=
---------
:|Robert Andrews
:|Cyberpunk Alliance  http://www.cyberpunkz.org
:|Minneapolis, MN   Email: rob@cyberpunkz.org  Office: 763-535-6392
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--