Date:      Sat, 5 May 2001 18:54:22 -0400
From:      Rich Haney <rich@haneys.net>
To:        Jeff Leslie <jsl1339@labs.tamu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT HELP!!!

Sorry - I missed the part where you said that you had the ipfirewall
part working.

Since that works, you need to set up the packet forwarding ruels (also
defined at the URL that you sent).  You need to pick a network address
to use (192.168.X.X is probably a good choice).  One address will be
assigned to your secondary ethernet interface on your FreeBSD box; this
will also serve as the gateway for your other machine.

When it comes to the w2k machine, you can either assign it a static IP,
or run dhcpd on your FreeBSD machine and have the w2k machine (and any
others that happen to be connected to the same network) get their IP
address, netmask, etc. from dhcp.  The gateway that they use will be the
IP address of the secondary interface on the FreeBSD box.

HTH.

Rich

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 05:45:23PM -0500, Jeff Leslie wrote:
> To whoever answers:
>
> Im trying to (im giong to say it, even though im wrong) ip masqarade a
> win2000 machine behind a freeBSD 4.3 RC 1 machine.  Ive looked at the
> handbooks and am lost.  I checked out the firewall section and it only told
> me how to manage packets - not how to forward packets along.  basically, i
> want to know line by line, how to implement the NAT (ip masq).  Ive trying
> many things, and nothing seems to work.  Id like to know the server
> commands, as well as the win2k settings.  so far, i have the option
> ipfirewall enabled.  Id just like know how to do this.  thanks to whoever
> replys.
>
> i apologize if i havent sent the correct or enough information, pls feel
> free to chastize me for it
>
> jeff leslie

Rich Haney
rich@haneys.net
---
The ultimate Windows 98 keyboard: Ctrl, Alt + Del on one big key!