Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 00:04:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Moritz Schmitt <m.schmitt@tarsius.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/procmail

-----Original Message-----
From: Moritz Schmitt <m.schmitt@tarsius.org>
Subject: FreeBSD/procmail
Date: Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 07:40:20PM +0200

> I'm using qmail and procmail together but there is a little problem.
> /var/log/maillog says:
>
> Jul  7 19:32:29 ws1 qmail: 994527149.901529 delivery 5: deferral:
> procmail:_Coul
> dn't_create_"/var/mail/admin"/
>
> What's procmails problem? How can I solve it?

You probably have $MAIL set to /var/mail/admin in the environment of
the user who was supposed to receive this message, and the file and/or
directory /var/mail/admin cannot be created by procmail.

If I'm not mistaken, when you haven't set DEFAULT in your .procmailrc
explicitly, then $MAIL is where procmail will try to write all the
messages that did not match any rule in ~/.procmailrc (or matched only
'copying' rules).

What is your ~/.procmailrc ?

What does `env' print when you login as `admin' as the environment ?

-giorgos