Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:11:33 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        KATO Takenori <kato@eclogite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, FreeBSD@center.nitech.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: The Great PC98 Merge

> for PC98', may become most common free UNIX-like OS _for PC98_ in
> Japan.  (Linux for PC98 has not been maintained for a few years, and

I notice that you emphasised "for PC98" above - may I ask you just one
or two more questions about this machine?

1. How many PC98 machines would you say are being actively used in
   Japan today?

2. Balanced against the sales of "standard PCs" in Japan, how well
   has the PC98 marketplace done from 1993 through 1996?  What state
   of affairs would you project for 1997?

I'm just trying to get some feel for this machine and its market - we
hear virtually nothing about this machine in the United States! :(

Thank you!

					Jordan