Date:      Tue, 2 May 95 02:41 EDT
From:      jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AST 4 port, pppd and FreeBSD 2.0--950412-SNAP

[ please cc: me via email, as my news service is somewhat spotty while
my new news server is under construction. thanx ]

i currently have a 486sx, 8 meg, with 2 16450 serials (sio0, sio1) and
an AST 4 port card.

my first problem is that the AST 4 port card, although recognized
by the kernel on boot, does not seem to talk to the modems i have
connected to the ports.  did something possibly slip in the -current
stuff?

also, i have modems on sio0 and sio1.

pppd seems to run fine on either port, however, if i want to do
two conncurrent pppd's it doesn't seem to allocate the next ppp device
in the kernel.

am i doing something wrong?

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]