Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD drive.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Brooks Davis wrote:

:On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 01:33:09PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
:> Trying to cat or copy the *.vob(s) always produce this error.  My next
:> step is to attempt to dump | restore on the device, but I suspect the
:> error will not go away, if dump will even access a CD/DVD device anyway.
:
:dump/restore only works on UFS so that won't work.  You need the css-auth
:program with freebsd patches to unlock the disk.  It's pretty easy to
:find on the net.

Maybe I'm just confused.  I'm trying to use Charles Hannum's efdtt util to
access the file.

From the source:

/*     Usage is:  cat title-key scrambled.vob | efdtt >clear.vob	*/

So what's going on here, is that I need something else just to read the
scrambled vob off the disc, beforce efdtt can unscramble it?  I can only
assume the title key the the long string in the disc.id file.  If someone
has an actual reference on how to use this, I'd really appreciate a
pointer.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"