Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:53:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Manfred Antar <mantar@pacbell.net>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New vfs_conf.c panic

:> Bruce (a little hasty in my mind) removed a compat shim we had,
:> please change the 'rda' to 'da' again and all should be fine.
:
:Actually, I did the dirty work because I agreed with Bruce.  What I don't
:understand is why the system explodes when it can't find /, rather than
:giving up cleanly.
:
:If Matt's change makes these 'r' devices work again, it's broken and
:needs to be backed out (I'm still updating, will look soon).

    Negative.  I just fixed a NULL pointer dereference bug.  I haven't
    touched the 'r' devices.

					-Matt