Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:32:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      <steve@FreeBSD.org>
To:        steve@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, asami@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24983: Emacs ports have misleading names

Synopsis: Emacs ports have misleading names

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->asami
Responsible-Changed-By: steve
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Feb 25 18:29:55 PST 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
I agree that it is misleading at best to have emacs instead of emacs19.  I
don't however think we should move emacs20 to emacs.  See the tcl, tk, qt, ...
ports for other examples where we use the version in the port name when we
have multiple version of a program in the Ports Tree.  If Asami-san will do
the repo-copy, then I'll fix things up afterwards.