Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:50:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "write only" fs/files ?

There isn't a windows client for amanda.  What you have to do is use
smbclient and gnutar.  The windows section of your amanda backup will be
the weak link since the passwords are only encrypted with NT1.

For the *nix boxen, stunnel is a good idea.  Kerberos v4 is supported in
amanda, which can be used for authentication as well as encrypting the
dump itself.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/