Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:04:10 +0800
From:      "Tan Juay Kwang" <jk.tan@pacific.net.sg>
To:        "Khorev Sergey" <Khorev@SoftLab.RU>, <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing Oracle 8i onto FreeBSD

Hi,

Thanks for the effort. However, despite following the instructions, I got
some errors during the relinking stage. 11 in total. The makefiles that
failed are

precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk
plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk
sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk
network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk
ldap/lib/ins_ldap.mk
network/lib/ins_net_server.mk
rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
otrace/lib/ins_otrace.mk
rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

I have the option of ignoring them, which I did. The moment I tried starting
server manager, I was greeted with libskgxp8.so not found error. The file
was missing (this is not the case of a mis-type LD_LIBRARY_PATH), so I
presume it was supposedly built during the relinking stage. Apprecite any
pointers. Thanks.

Regards,
JK