Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:48:11 +0300 (EEST)
From:      "Giorgos Kapetanakis" <zoulou@sians.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        thanos@sians.org
Subject:   3com pcmcia modem

Hi all!

I have recently bought a thinkpad R50e and, as I use a dial-up connection,
I also bought a 3com Megahertz 56k pc-card modem (model 3CCM156 B), since
the onboard modem is not supported by freebsd.

The modem works fine, except the fact that after 5-10 minutes of being
connected to the internet it just disconnects! On my desktop the same
connection with the same telephone line works perfectly.

I am running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE on both computers. Any ideas??

--
Giorgos Kapetanakis