Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 22:18:24 -0500
From:      John Baxter <jbaxter@mmcable.com>
To:        "David S. Geirsson" <andmann@andmann.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS/2 troubles

i had the same problem, here is the fix...
during installation, when the text mode system configuration runs, go to
the mouse setup, add 0x400 to the flags field. your touchpad returns an
unexpected response to the mouse probe. adding this flag seems to force
the driver to install reguardless of the probe response. you can not/do
not add this as a "post install configuration" add the flag -3 instead
to emulate 3 buttons.
run moused on boot if you like, if you do... use sysmouse as the driver
for XF86Config.

john baxter

let me know if you mouse freeks out while using xwindow... i think my
laptop's apm system messes with my mouse driver.