Date:      Thu,  1 Mar 2001 08:25:03 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Problem with telnet and slow network response.

I am in the process of trying to get all my current machines on the same
page and I am finding a very strange problem.  In theory, the machines
were/are configured almost exactly the same with the same applications
and versions.  Now as I finish updating them about half (2 and 2 right
ow) will stall on a telnet.  I get the login then passwd then it just sets there
and does nothing.  No error, no time out, nothing in the logs.  From the
internal interface it works fine.  Other machines with the same
configuration, work as before.  The problem shows it's self on smtp, ftp,
www, etc.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I feel like/am almost sure it is
operator error but I have been searching for it for several days with no
luck, checking ipfw, pam, host.[allow|deny], .rhosts, etc.

Thanks,

ed

--
EnContacto.Net - InternetSalon.Org - CafeMania.Net