Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:51:00 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   minicom is forbidden ?

Hi,

When I do a make in /usr/ports/comms/minicom, I get:

===>  minicom-1.83.1_2 is forbidden: Local exploit yielding setuid uucp.

What does that mean?

If minicom isn't available, what would be an alternative for setting
up a terminal that listens to the serial port ?

(My PC's serial port is connected via a null-modem-cable to another
FreeBSD PC that has no minitor/videocard and exports its console to
the serial port).

Thanks for advice!

Rob.

PS: please include my personal email in a reply. Thanks.