Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 1996 23:05:37 -0400
From:      chris <chris@usa.nai.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

PETER STUBBS wrote:
> On another topic, has anyone had a look at wireless networking? I'm
> about to install the IBM 'lan entry' system & would like to hear the
> horror stories before I start.

I use Xircom wireless ethernet and love it.  The company has an office
about 100 meters long and I use 2 wall mounted transceivers to cover the
whole thing.  Speed is only 2-3Mbps, but my T-1 is only 1.5Mbps so the
Xircom is great!  Only Xircom has this tiny antenna that pokes out of
the laptop about 1cm.  Great.  If there were only FreeBSD drivers!
(how can I help make that a reality?)

chris