Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:18:53 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting set-up to use the Bt848 driver

     What's the safest way to get set up to use the Bt848 driver at
star-gate?  Will 3.0-970209-SNAP (or 2.2-GAMMA) do, or do I need to grab
3.0-current?

     I picked up one of those Wincast/TVdbx boards, and it works pretty
well with my video card (Stingray 64/Video) in MSWin95.  Now I'd like to
try to get it working in FreeBSD (what I really had in mind).  I think the
only big unknown is whether the XFree driver linearly maps the card memory
or whether it uses the paged A000 interface.  It's in the XF86_SVGA driver,
though I don't know whether that implies paged interface or not.  I guess
I'll find out.

     Any tips getting up started with the Bt848 driver would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randall Hopper