Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:43:50 +0200
From:      Andrew Lewis <al@xms.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:28:56 +0000
gfoster9055@comcast.net wrote:

> At this momment I am not allowed to up date from FreeBSD 3.2 to > another version, this machine sits at a school and there policies are > slow

Time to suggest a change of policy. ;)

Suggest that they need to keep the server current; that you need to do a full upgrade on another drive; pop that drive into the existing server; resurrect the bits you need & keep that installation current!

No-one's going to make you, but long-term this is a more sensible policy. ;)

-AL.