Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:20:04 -0700
From:      "Kerry Davis" <kedavis@uswest.net>
To:        "Tim McMillen" <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic on larger SCSI drives

these are all SCA drives originally, although I have 80-to-68 adaptors on
them.  as such, these drives don't have their own termination options.  the
CABLE has a terminator attached.

as mentioned in the original email, the installation was fine on the 2.1 gig
drive on the same cable, on the same SCSI card, with the same termination.

and with the 36.4 gig drive connected, even lowly DOS 6.22 was able to see
it (8 gig of it, anyway), partition it and format it (2.1 gig at a time) and
use it successfully after that.  But all that mighty BSD seems able to do
with it, is panic.

could it be that whoever came up with the Qlogic SCSI card drivers needs to
look at the code again?